Described in World of Interior’s magazine as “Bloomsbury on Sea” (May 2017) the beautiful Dutch-gabled Norfolk Manor house had a west wing built on during 1907-09. The West Wing became the ballroom with bedrooms upstairs to accommodate weekend house guests. After it’s Edwardian heyday the ballroom with its grand piano became the drawing room so it could be let to paying guests, as it is today.
The West Wing now provides spacious, self-contained accommodation for up to nine people in four bedrooms (2 doubles, 1 triple and 1 twin) and has a sunny, private, walled garden. The two double bedrooms are more like suites, one with a four-poster bed and the other with a fabulously high double and a link door to the triple bedroom. The huge amount of space, available makes this an ideal choice for families creating the kind of holiday that children will never forget. Many families return every year.
Prices range from £1,250 to £2,750 per week or 3 night weekends from £900 – £2000. The West Wing is available to rent all year round and for other events including wedding receptions, residential courses and photo-shoots. Please contact us to discuss your ideas.
To book, please contact Emma Stilwell on 01263 741005
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Very large drawing room (40′ x 24′) with open fire and grand piano
- Large kitchen and dining room with sitting area (30′ x 27′) with wood burning stove and a walk-in larder off the kitchen
- Utility room with double sink, dishwasher, washing machine and door into pretty, secluded and sunny courtyard garden
- Cloak room and lavatory
- Two enormous double bedrooms, one with a four poster bed
- Two twin bedded rooms
- Fabulous long passage with beautiful views over the marshes to the sea and Blakeney Point
- Two family bathrooms
- Fully inclusive of all utilities, central heating, linens (excluding beach towels), logs and kindling.
- Oven, fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, TV with freesat, DVD player, iPod dock, ironing board, iron
- Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, kitchen cleaner, coffee, tea, sugar, milk, bread, butter, jam, salt & pepper, loo paper, kitchen roll, dish clothes and tea towels
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Cot and high chair but you need to bring your own cot linen and bedding.
- Landline telephone
- Garden furniture and BBQ
Wine is available for sale (in the larder)
The following can be organised for an extra cost and prior arrangement
- Extra Cleaning
- We can provide an extra mattress or small bed for a child for an additional £25.00
Dogs are allowed to stay in the West Wing but are not allowed upstairs or on the furniture. There is a utility room where they can sleep. There is a charge of £15 per dog per week and a £500 refundable housekeeping deposit. Please let us know in advance if you want to bring a dog.
Week bookings run from Friday 4pm to the following Friday 10am and weekend bookings run from Friday 4pm to Monday 10am or mid week booking run from Monday 4pm to Friday 10am. A deposit of 25% of the total rent is to be paid upon confirmation of booking and we must receive the balance 8 weeks prior to your arrival. A £500 refundable housekeeping deposit is payable for all West Wing bookings. Any extras and breakages are to be paid for prior to your departure.